Wednesday 2 August 2023

A rude awakening...

We had a power cut first thing this morning, just after Sophie left for the gym, and it triggered Richard and Michelle's burglar alarm which started shrieking. There was no point trying to get back to sleep, and when the alarm stopped and nothing came back on in the bedroom, I knew our electrical switches had tripped again. I went downstairs and balanced on our little step ladder to flick one of them back on, and Keith woke up. What a start to the day!

It was definitely time for a coffee, and I sat and watched George Clark's Old House New Home. A couple had bought an enormous house and had completely gutted it to start again. When they'd finished it did look gorgeous! When Sophie arrived home, she showered and had her breakfast in the conservatory, all ready to start work.

I grappled with some financial jobs, and mid-morning, Keith and I went to book my car in for its MOT, and the VW in for a pre-holiday service. We then popped into a very busy Aldi and bought dinner for tonight, before sloshing home in the awful, drizzly, grey weather. Is it really August, or November?

Lunch for Keith and me was a pack of two vegetable kebabs which had a very strange, almost chemical taste! Hmmm! I'm not sure we'll buy them again! They did nothing to satisfy our hunger so we both had a beef and tomato bap afterwards! I blame this chilly, horrible weather for our appetites!

The afternoon was spent pootling about and doing exciting jobs such as tidying up the airing cupboard and sorting out all the towels and bed linen we keep there. It was in a huge mess and at least now I know what we've got and what we don't need!

Sophie went to the pub with Vikesh in the evening for a meal and they stayed for a little while for the monthly quiz. I went and had a soak in the bath which was lovely and perfect for a nasty evening!



No comments: