Saturday 12 August 2023

Idling the day away...

Today has been very relaxing and indulgent, and apart from giving the fridge a deep clean and chucking out some very dubious jars, I haven't managed to do a lot at all!

We didn't even have dinner to prepare for tonight as Sophie is out with Vikesh, and Keith and I are just having paté and toast. I felt a bit weary today, so staying indoors and relaxing was lovely. A lot of people at work have had colds over the last couple of weeks, and so far, I've managed to avoid getting one! Long may it stay that way!

The weather, of course, has been showery, so anything planned for today would have suffered. At the care home, they were having a fete and I hoped Mum and Dad would go to it and have a good time. I felt a bit guilty for not going, but I just wanted a day at home to catch up with myself!

Sophie made a delicious toasted sandwich for lunch and then went to get ready for her evening out. She and Vikesh were going to his brother and sister-in-law's house for a Mexican-themed night and she was looking forward to meeting some more of his family.

Keith was engrossed in the football all afternoon, so I watched Four In a Bed on my bed and went downstairs at 6pm to have a drink and see about dinner. I can't say it was the most interesting meal we've ever had and I did wish that we'd cooked something more substantial! We're going to have to stop doing this whenever Sophie is out for the evening!

No comments: