Friday 1 September 2023

It's Autumn!

Today was the first day of the meteorological Autumn, and the weather somehow seemed to know, as it was dark, foggy and damp. However, next week is set to be sunny and warm, which must be annoying for parents of school-age children, just as they return to their classrooms!

This has been another week that's flown by, and after today I just have one more week at work. I was working with Shirley and Jaden today, and the phones were blissfully quiet, giving me a chance to answer the emails, do the box office returns, several orders and a couple of other jobs that have to be done on the first of the month.

At home in the evening, Keith went to the pub for the last time before our holiday, and Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of Californian Chardonnay, nibbles and a Disney+ documentary about Spencer Matthews trying to recover the body of his dead brother from Everest. We now subscribe to three extra channels - Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ (and we may even have Discovery+ as well) which means we are spoilt for choice of what to watch, but very little time in which to watch it! I pay for Amazon Prime, Netflix is part of our Sky package, and Sophie pays for Disney+ which does have a lot of interesting things to watch. We hardly ever watch television live now and I can't remember the last time we went to the cinema! It's amazing how things have changed in the last few years, and I can remember clearly just having four channels!

Dinner was a simple affair of baked potatoes, salad and toppings and Sophie looked with disgust at my choice of tuna and sweetcorn. I was urged to go nowhere near her for the rest of the evening!


No comments: