Sunday 27 August 2023

A Sunday treat!

The weather today has been grey and uninspiring, so I postponed going out into the garden and did some cleaning and housework instead. There are certain signs that Autumn is on its way as there was a chilly little wind blowing and a damp leaf smell in the air. It's coming up to my favourite time of the year!

It was lovely to pootle about and Keith popped out mid-morning to get some baguettes and ham for lunch which we ate at the kitchen island. I was drooling over photos on the website Houzz, showing a beautiful kitchen with windows that opened right out onto the garden. I think next year we are going to have to invest in new windows and I'd like to get something different.

At lunchtime, I popped to Tesco to get some toiletries for Mum and took them to the care home. I sat with my parents for a good while and chatted. My Mum had called earlier and said that Dad wasn't well, but he seemed fine to me.

Back home, I sorted out some old family photos and decided to "take a walk" with Google Street View along Lowfield Street in Dartford where my grandparents used to live. I haven't visited for ages so it was very interesting to see new flats being built along this road. All the old shops had been pulled down to make way for the new, very posh, apartments. They're obviously trying to drag Dartford kicking and screaming into the 21st century!

I helped Keith with tonight's dinner - roast lamb and all the trimmings. Sophie hates lamb so we decided to have the meal as a treat, and it was, because we haven't had a Sunday roast for ages!

No comments: