Wednesday 23 August 2023

A disappointing evening...

My car was due its MOT today and Keith and I were a little worried about the outcome. We said that we'd accept anything up to £300 but after that, we would seriously think about saying goodbye, which would honestly break my heart. I've had the Audi for ten years and it's now done over 180,000 miles and still drives well. I'm always weighing up the pros and cons of having the bit of bodywork done and repairing the carpet in the driver's footwell and keeping her, but it's a mistake to get emotionally attached to a car!

We dropped her off at about 8.30 am and returned home, where I indulged in a coffee and pastry sitting with Sophie in the conservatory as she worked away. Outside it was grey and gloomy with the odd spot of rain, so the laundry had to go into the tumble dryer today!

Mid-morning, Keith and I popped to Tesco to take back my Dad's trousers and get a little bit of shopping. I bought a bottle of 19 Crimes Rosé for Sophie and me to enjoy this evening, as well as a bag of Popchips. Keith selected a zero-alcohol beer just to try!

In the afternoon the sun came out and it grew warm which meant that Sophie was bombarded with flies and wasps getting into the conservatory. It was very annoying! I sat in the kitchen researching restaurants in Amboise and Rocamadour which was very pleasant!

In the evening, we opened the wine but I was immediately disappointed. It was £9.50 but, to me anyway, it had a bitter aftertaste and certainly wasn't as delicious and fruity as I'd been expecting. Even the Popchips tasted like cardboard! Not the most successful of buys! Keith wasn't keen on his 0% alcohol beer, either!

We barbecued this evening and Keith was not happy about the kebabs I'd asked him to buy because I fancied something different. He put them on the barbecue but in the end, I cooked them in the oven. I also made a tomatoey vegetable dish with onions and a courgette but neither of my family would touch it! Honestly!

The sausages were good, though!


No comments: