Wednesday 30 August 2023

Admiring the moon!

This time it was the Golf's turn to go to the garage for a service and to have everything checked before we go on holiday. Keith and I dropped the car off and drove to Harlestone for breakfast at Dobbies Garden Centre.

We were the first in the restaurant and chose the cooked breakfast with hot drinks, which certainly filled us up! After a quick look around, we drove to the Weston Favell Centre, changed some sterling into euros and popped into Tesco for some shopping.

We'd barely taken our shoes off back home before Glen called us to pick up the Golf! So, back we went and collected the car before going home again! Phew!

I spent the afternoon doing housework and was pleased when I'd finished as the house looked lovely. As I was dozing in an armchair, watching the Spanish cycling tour, I heard someone call, "Hello" and it was Sue asking if we had a spare key for Paul's house. At one time I used to keep spare keys for all of our neighbours, but sadly, those days are long gone, and I couldn't help Sue, unfortunately. We have a key box in our garage with a spare key as you never know when you're going to need it!

Sophie came home early this afternoon and got ready to go and have wine and nibbles with Laura at her house. She asked us if we could take her over and Keith and I were only too pleased to oblige. We dropped her off, returned home, and Keith cooked a very simple dinner while I watched "Your Home Made Perfect." I loved one of the designs where the architect turned the house upside down so they have beautiful views over their garden and the sea, but the couple went for the other design instead.

Sophie wanted to be picked up at about 10pm and we drove over, marvelling at the Blue Moon on the way. It was huge in the sky and the next Blue Moon won't be for another 14 years!

My poor attempt while Keith was driving!

Outside Laura's house

Fairly awful pictures, but it was the best I could do!

No comments: