Tuesday 15 August 2023

The glums...

I was back on admin today and tackling some difficult emails again. I do prefer dealing with the written word though, as I can take my time to form a response! I had to chase up a couple of the managers today for their responses and polished their answers, which is always enjoyable. I feel like a copy editor!

It was our wedding anniversary today and we celebrated 31 years! Yikes! We had planned on having a Chinese takeaway but the two places that deliver to our area were closed, so we postponed the meal until tomorrow. Sophie had treated us to a bottle of Champagne, and we said we'd enjoy that tomorrow as well!

So, it was a bit of a glum evening, if I'm honest. I was in a ratty mood as I was, childishly perhaps, disappointed that my parents hadn't even bought us a card, yet I'd shopped with my Mum in Tesco last week. The weather turned dark and rainy in the evening so rather than barbecue the burgers, we cooked them in the oven. We were late putting the potato wedges into the oven so they were limp and greasy, and the salad Keith had bought only yesterday had already turned and was brown at the edges. Ho hum!

I was also mightily miffed that Keith hadn't taken it upon himself to buy me a new bottle of Gin... he can add blooming peppers to the trolley, but not a good bottle of Mother's Ruin!

No comments: