Sunday 20 August 2023

Sunny Sunday

I didn't feel hungover this morning, even though I'd mixed white, sparkling and red wine at the Mexican evening. I'd wisely stayed off the spirits even though Paul and Sharon were handing out Margaritas last night! 

I did mounds of laundry today and managed to get it all dry outside, which was a huge bonus. The weather has been dry and sunny with a lovely breeze, but again we didn't see any balloons from the festival. I took the cases down from Sophie's wardrobe, so they're stacked up in the bedroom, and I'll no doubt fall over them in the night! I also typed out a packing list and ordered some items from Amazon.

Keith and I dropped some unwanted items off to our former cook in the afternoon, as she's having a charity sale at the care home where she works, and popped into a small Tesco Express nearby to buy salad and nibbles for this evening. I treated Sophie to a cucumber as a little joke, and some Pringles as well.

While we'd been out, Vikesh arrived, and he and Sophie walked up to the pub with Reggie for a drink. When they came back a little later Reggie ran around like a mad thing, bless him! He's such a sweet little fellow!

Sophie and I played Scrabble in the evening and listened to some great music as usual. Dinner this evening was pulled beef, served in brioche baps, salad and baked potatoes. It was a new meal for us and was delicious. Even better, there's enough left over to have it tomorrow with roasted vegetables!

No comments: