Monday 28 August 2023

A day off.

It was great to have today off as I usually work on a Bank Holiday Monday. It's been a mixed bag of weather today, with a lot of cloud cover and not much sunshine, so fairly typical!

Keith went shopping this morning while I stayed home and pottered about. I have been convinced all day that it's Sunday!

Sophie returned at lunchtime and Vikesh stayed for a little while, talking to Keith about football. Vikesh is a diehard Liverpool fan and, of course, Keith supports Newcastle, and both teams had played yesterday evening, with Liverpool beating Newcastle. Hmmm!

After Vikesh left it was lovely to just pootle about and relax. We had planned on going out but we both decided to just stay at home and chill! I sat in the conservatory and read for a while and we played Scrabble before dinner.

Dinner was leftover lamb and my version of bubble and squeak which I fashioned into a pancake and fried so it was brown and crispy all over. 

After we'd eaten Keith and I watched the last two episodes of Doc Martin, which was a bit sad. However, we have the 2022 Christmas Special to watch, and a programme behind the scenes to enjoy! Perhaps, like Sophie with The Office (US version), we'll just start watching it all over again!

No comments: