Thursday 10 August 2023

Birthday shopping

It was back down to earth with a bump today, and a busy shift looking after emails and updating the moan report. At 2pm I sped home, ordered a birthday card for my Dad from the children on Moonpig, and then went to collect Mum to take her to Tesco.

We bought gifts and cards for my Dad's birthday tomorrow and had a coffee. We'd bought him a new pair of casual trousers, a top that went with them beautifully, and a bottle of single malt whisky. I'd looked at three miniatures first until I noticed the price per litre - £93! The full bottle of single malt was only £3 more!

It's been a lot hotter today with temperatures hovering around 28c. Why can't we have sunshine and a reasonable 22c? Phew!

I dropped Mum back, wished my Dad a happy birthday for tomorrow and returned home. Sophie had a minor tantrum this evening when she discovered Keith hadn't bought a cucumber in Tesco, even though she'd asked for one... hmmm!

It was salad and cold meats for dinner, with new potatoes. An apt meal for a warm evening!

No comments: