Friday 11 August 2023

A relaxed end to the week

Today has been very relaxed at work as Sara, Sheila and Nicola were all out in the afternoon, leaving the four of us to get on with our work. Kathy came in with a streaming cold, which wasn't pleasant and proceeded to cough and sniff her way through the whole shift. I just hope I don't get it! The problem now is... is it a cold or maybe covid? Nobody is bothering to test anymore.

It was great to escape at 4pm and head home. Sophie finished at the same time so it gave us a headstart to Wine Night but she hoovered downstairs for me first, bless her. 

We cracked open a bottle of chilled Greek Chardonnay and settled down to watch Love Again which I'd rented from Amazon. It was a good film, if a little cheesy in places and CĂ©line Dion had a major part in it!

Keith came home from the pub, we had dinner, and he disappeared upstairs with a glass of whisky to watch the start of the football season. Groan! Sophie and I are both now football widows as Vikesh is into the game as much as Keith is!

Sophie and I watched a new episode of Remarkable Places to Eat with Fred Sirieux and Dermot O'Leary, who I took an immediate dislike to... I have no idea why!


No comments: