Thursday 24 August 2023

Cancelled plans

Sara wasn't in today, so I had complete control of the customer service emails... oh, the power! 

I had a busy shift and was planning to leave at 1.30pm, as I wanted to sit in on a meeting with my parents and the Parkinson's nurse, but Keith texted me to call him before I left. It turned out that she had arrived in the morning unexpectedly, so that was that.

I left work at 2pm and felt exhausted, for some reason. It's been hot today and the temperature was registering about 28c on the way home. I felt a bit deflated, as I'd been gearing myself up for the meeting this afternoon, so I confess I went home and did very little.

Sophie was having dinner with Vikesh and his family this evening and went to their house straight from work. I fell asleep on the sofa at 7pm and Keith made our easy dinner, and after we'd eaten (with me feeling distinctly groggy), I stacked the dishwasher and tidied away. It was then that I realised I hadn't prepared the pesky porridges or made the lunches... groan!

Sophie arrived home at about 9.30pm and had enjoyed a good evening celebrating Vikesh's Dad's birthday. She brought two slices of birthday cake home with her, which Keith and I fell upon, but I found it sickly sweet and, after two mouthfuls, I left it!

No comments: