Friday 4 August 2023

Scared silly!

Sophie was going to Woodhill prison today for a meeting with a couple of the staff there, and I was not looking forward to her going, to be honest! She set off at 8am, and I did admire her for going alone and meeting the staff there. She's only ever gone with colleagues before so I was very proud of her!

My shift at work passed quickly as I dealt with the emails, put some new films on up until the end of August and checked the next week's children's activities. At just before 4pm I had to change some of the sessions, which annoyed me hugely, as I should have been informed much earlier. Sara also had to stay behind to change the website, so she wasn't happy either!

When Sophie arrived home (she'd been back at work in the afternoon) we opened a new bottle of wine (a Chardonnay) and settled down with some nibbles to watch the Netflix documentary, The Night Stalker, which was suitably scary! We watched it after dinner as well, and we were on our own again as Keith had gone to bed! We certainly made sure that all the windows and doors were closed!

No comments: