Friday 7 July 2023

Winning a bet!

It's been a busy week so I was very glad today was Friday and I was looking forward to a weekend off! I came off the phone again today as I had so much to do, but the shift was pretty quiet so I didn't feel guilty!

I managed to clear all the emails, deal with loads of cancellations and orders, and sort out week two of the crash courses ready to put on, so I was pleased I'd been able to achieve so much!

Back at home, Andy Murray was playing again and was ahead by two sets to one. Sophie arrived home faster than she ever has, as she couldn't wait to see the match! She had a bet with Vikesh that if Tsitsipas won, he'd buy her lunch on Saturday! Amazingly, she achieved her wish as Andy Murray went rapidly downhill and lost... I did feel for him because today, exactly ten years ago, he won the Men's Singles title!

We had a very easy dinner of Tesco curries, which Keith moaned about, and drank a bottle of the New Zealand Pinot Gris which was very good tonight. It was beautifully chilled so perfect for a hot evening!

It has been warm today with temperatures of about 28c and we have storms forecast for tomorrow!

No comments: