Saturday 15 July 2023

Dodging the showers!

After a bit of a late night last night, I woke up later than I wanted. I had a coffee and a shower, and Sophie and I popped over to Tesco at Kettering to buy nibbles for tomorrow's lunch, and a present for my Mum and Dad's anniversary tomorrow.

The supermarket wasn't as busy as I had expected, and we were soon going through the checkout with our purchases - nibbles and Prosecco for tomorrow, Champagne for my parents, and gifts for them from each other. 

The weather forecast today was for high winds and rain, but the morning, although breezy, was mostly dry and sunny. Sophie and I returned home, I made myself some delicious toast with a loaf of seeded bread I'd bought and had another welcome cup of coffee.

Once I'd eaten, I gave the conservatory a clean and hoovered downstairs, before paying attention to the kitchen. Sophie had been given a lovely patterned pot from Daisy and it was a perfect fit for repotting our cacti! Doing this was more difficult than I thought, as they were reluctant to leave the pot they'd been in for a while! However, wearing a pair of thick gloves, I eased them out and put them in their new home, and the pot looks lovely on the window sill!


Laura bought them for Sophie when they were tiny, so we've looked after them well, and they've thrived!

Vikesh came over in the afternoon and he and Sophie dodged the heavy thundery downpours and walked to the pub for a late lunch with Reggie the dog. I made a Key Lime pie for tomorrow's lunch and then sat in the conservatory and read, relishing the peace and quiet, and the warm sun. Above, the clouds raced across the sky in the wind and it was very interesting sitting there and watching the weather!

When Sophie and Vikesh returned, they played Scrabble while I entertained Reggie!




Vikesh left and I took my turn to play Scrabble. Sophie and I sipped delicious French Martinis (I'd bought another bottle of Chambord in Tesco) and I won! Hooray!

As Sophie had eaten a late lunch, she really didn't feel like cooking Beef Stroganoff, so we decided to scrap the meal, have it on Monday night instead, and order a Chinese takeaway! Naughty, but nice!

After dinner, we watched a new French drama called Disturbing Disappearances, which was set in Alsace. It was very good indeed!

No comments: