Thursday 20 July 2023

Fascinating discoveries!

I spent the whole day dealing with customer service emails this morning as there were over 70 of them lurking in the inbox... they certainly kept me busy! 

On the way home I called into Aldi to buy Champagne and nibbles for Friday evening, as per mine and Sophie's tennis bet from Sunday. That'll be lovely to look forward to after a busy week!

It took me the rest of the afternoon to prepare tonight's dinner of sausage casserole. I peeled all the vegetables and chopped onions and garlic before browning the sausages and pancetta. It smelt delicious! Keith didn't want to eat my offering as he's definitely not a fan of sausage casserole, so I had to roast a pack of chicken thighs for him!
 
I watched another episode of Earth this evening and discovered that our beautiful planet was covered completely in ice 700 million years ago... 700 million! Life still survived though -obviously, as we wouldn't be here - in small puddles of dusty water. Incredible! It took tens of millions of years for the planet to warm up again, resulting in a profusion of life!

No comments: