Tuesday 11 July 2023

A somewhat trying day!

Work today has been somewhat trying as we had the newbie Kirsty in with us, and Shirley covering for Angela. I tried to go off the phone to catch up with my admin work but it meant that both Kirsty and Shirley kept asking me questions! I felt like pulling my hair out! In the end, Jo sat with Kirsty as she did have some complicated calls, with quite a few holiday club bookings that involved several children, company discounts and childcare vouchers! Everyone seems to have realised that the holidays are looming and that they need to get their children into daycare!

I did clear the emails, though, and I put on several crash courses for the second week of the holidays. At least I have a bit of breathing space!

Back at home, I was able to relax and Keith had prepared all the vegetables for dinner. When Sophie came home she wanted a glass of wine as she'd had a stressful day as well, and then she stuffed the chicken breasts with garlic butter and wrapped them in ham. It was an easy dinner and it was delicious! It was so nice to have something different!

We watched Djokovic win after dinner so things are hotting up for the final on Sunday. We predict Djokovic and Alcaraz in the final... let's see!

No comments: