Sunday 2 July 2023

Men in lycra!

It's been a lovely, very relaxed day today, which is just how Sundays should be! I went out and mowed the back lawn in the morning as it was cool and cloudy again, so not too hot. Keith helped by trimming the edges and it didn't take long for us to make the garden a lot neater. The grass seed I put down the other week has sprouted, and although we do have some weeds mixed in with the grass - fashionable apparently! - the lawn is looking very healthy.

Sophie went over to Wellingborough to have lunch with Vikesh and his parents, and I settled down to watch the Tour de France which was coming from the Basque country. I love the Tour de France, not because I'm a huge fan of cycling, or seeing men in tight lycra (they're a bit too skinny for my liking), but because I love seeing the scenery and the crowds of excited people spectating. The scenery today was stunning, with thickly forested hills, lakes and small towns full of interesting buildings. The road signs were in the Basque language and there were regional flags everywhere! They seem a very proud people. I was overjoyed last year in Rocamadour when we drove along roads chalked with messages, as the Tour had been through earlier in the year!

I enjoyed leftover chicken and rice for lunch and then had a soak in the bath, followed by a nap. Sophie returned home at about 6pm and brought some snacks with her and chocolate barfi which she'd made with Vikesh. It was gorgeous!

Keith and I had sausages for dinner this evening with mashed potatoes, cabbage and carrots served with gravy! It seemed like ages since we'd had gravy as all our meals lately have been salady!

No comments: