Sunday 23 July 2023

A quiet day at home

For the second day this weekend, I haven't ventured away from the house, and I postponed my visit to see Mum and Dad this afternoon, as I had a horrible earache. I've had it for a few days and have been treating it with Nurofen. It's made me feel yucky!

The weather has been slightly better today - a mixed bag of sunshine and showers but too wet to go out and do any gardening, and the grass has been growing madly! 

Sophie arrived home mid-afternoon as I was watching an old video of our holiday to Mallorca when she was a baby. I showed Vikesh, who thought it was great! It was wonderful to see us 27 years ago and we all looked so young! I've finished the 1996 diary now, so will start work on the last of the handwritten diaries of when I holidayed with my parents in the 1980s.

Sophie and I played Scrabble in the evening and she thrashed me! Dinner tonight was a tomatoey gnocchi dish with mozzarella and chorizo. I'd done some of the preparation this afternoon so it was an easy dish to assemble and cook. Keith turned his nose up at the meal and had leftover Chinese!

No comments: