Sunday 30 July 2023

A busy Sunday!

Today has been very busy, and hard work. I noticed the other day how scruffy our front garden was, so at an acceptable time, I went out and used our hedge trimmer to cut back the hypericum, and then mowed the verge. The shrub had completely taken over the grass verge so there was hardly any grass left! Once that was done, I did some weeding, sweeping and hoeing, and it looked so much neater! Ok, the bush was a bit brown where I'd cut it back, but it'll grow again! And with the rain showers and intermittent sunshine, it won't be long!

Sophie made me a coffee, and we sat for five minutes in the garden. Keith had been checking Sophie's car and had discovered her oil levels were critically low. No wonder it sounded like a squawking hen when it started up in the morning! Keith and I drove to the garage at Moulton to get some oil (expensive!) and when we got back he poured the whole lot into her car, with it still needing more! This time he ordered it from Amazon at half the price!

After we returned, I tackled the back garden. The grass was long and thick and, again, it looked so much better when it was finished. I definitely think our hedgehog has gone elsewhere as there were no little deposits anywhere. What a shame...

Back inside, I sat down for a little while and chatted with Sophie while she prepared tonight's dinner of chicken and ham tangle pie. I then went upstairs and changed our bed and added the laundry to the already large pile! We didn't do any washes on Friday or yesterday, so we had mounds!

Sophie hoovered and I put on yet more laundry throughout the afternoon. After a long soak in the bath, I reconvened with Sophie in the kitchen and we played Scrabble. The banana Daiquiri we had wanted to make had to be changed as I didn't realise we needed a blender to blend the ice, alcohol and banana! Instead, Sophie made a delicious tropical cocktail which we'll definitely have again, but maybe when it's a bit warmer and sunnier!


Sophie narrowly beat me at Scrabble and after the game she made dinner. It was better than mine and there was enough for lunch tomorrow. Another Monday is looming!

No comments: