Saturday 22 July 2023

DIY cocktails

The weather today has been atrocious, with heavy grey skies and almost non-stop rain. I felt so sorry for anyone getting married today, or planning outdoor events. We can never rely on the British weather!

I amused myself this morning by cleaning out the filter in the dishwasher and sorting out the drawers where we store our saucepans and frying pans. I know how to enjoy myself on a Saturday morning! 

Sophie was going away for the night with Vikesh to a country house hotel in Buckinghamshire, but she wasn't leaving until about 2pm so it was lovely to have her company until then. Keith and I had talked about going to a pub near Kettering, The Red Lion at Cranford, but with the awful weather, we decided to postpone it until another time.

Once Sophie had gone, I started transferring a diary from 1996 onto the blog ready for my holiday book. This was our first trip to Mallorca when Sophie was about ten weeks old. For some reason, I never actually finished it, but it was great to read about what we got up to on our first visit to the island, and the restaurants we visited, none of which have survived, sadly.

I missed my cocktail buddy in the evening but made myself a French Martini with the last of the Chambord, a measure of Vodka and pineapple juice. Sophie must have taught me well as it was delicious!


 
Keith and I hadn't bought anything for dinner tonight as we were supposed to have been having lunch out so we ordered a Chinese takeaway again... naughty but nice!

No comments: