Monday 17 July 2023

An unexpected gift!

When Sara and Sheila walked in this morning, they gave me a bottle of Gordon's Blood Orange Gin as a thank-you for helping out when they were both on holiday! I was stunned but delighted! It was something I certainly wasn't expecting, but I do remember Sheila quizzing me last week as to which Gin I preferred!

Sara took over emails today while I managed to get week two of the "swim camps" on (I'm not allowed to call them crash courses anymore!). They'll be bookable this Sunday so I didn't have a lot of time! I was able to come off the phones for most of the day so I caught up with a lot of work, which was a real blessing!

I enjoyed a Gin and Tonic this evening (well, it would have been rude not to!) and Sophie cooked the beef stroganoff we should have had on Saturday night. There were two portions left for lunch tomorrow. Perfect!

After dinner, we started watching the new series of University Challenge with Amol Rajan as question master. He certainly wasn't as grumpy as Jeremy Paxman!


No comments: