Thursday 6 July 2023

Stress!

Today was my admin day at work, but Kitty was working with us (covering for Sue) and she'd taken the wrong bus! Nicola had to go and fetch her, so I jumped on the phone first thing to help out.

I was very busy with the customer service emails, and sorting out the crash courses, but the three girls working today did ask me lots of questions - I was a sitting duck, as I was off the phone and therefore very available!

At 2pm I sped home to find the road closed as I approached Walgrave for emergency repairs... I was fuming as they could have put a sign at the bottom of the hill next to the turn-off to Hannington so we wouldn't have had to go all the way and turn around! I tried to warn several cars but they all ignored me!

I arrived home, changed and then went to pick up Mum to take her to Tesco. We enjoyed a coffee first and then did some shopping. Mum bought some new underwear and nightwear, and several bars of chocolate! Well, why not!

I dropped her back and caught the Care Home manager before I left. I am still waiting for a decision about Mum and Dad's fees, and this has been going on now since early December. I told the manager that I am seriously considering making a complaint about North Northamptonshire Council as it's been so stressful. I just want to get it sorted now!

Back home I hoovered downstairs and caught up with chores. After dinner we watched Andy Murray play the fifth seed, the Greek player Tsitsipas, which was a thrilling match, and had to be continued on Friday as it was so late!

No comments: