Friday 28 July 2023

A change of plan

Sara and Sheila were out this afternoon on a social visit with Nicola and someone they used to work with, so we were on our own from lunchtime until the end of the shift. It wasn't a bad afternoon at all, and I managed to get a lot done on the last day of the first week of the school holidays! Only five more weeks to go!

Sophie finished at 4pm today and rushed to get changed as soon as she arrived home. I was looking forward to an hour and a half on my own, in peace, as Keith was going to the pub but he couldn't remember whether John would be there or not...

Sophie flew off at 5pm, and Keith left just before six. I made myself a G&T and settled down to watch Your Home Made Perfect. Bliss! Of course, John hadn't turned up so after Keith had one pint he came home. Typical!

I said to Keith I couldn't face the soup again, and I'd have it tomorrow when we got back from Southampton. I then made him drive to Walgrave to get fish and chips from the van! Well, it is Friday!

We watched Doc Martin all evening and Sophie arrived home earlier than I'd anticipated, so that was a bonus!

No comments: