Friday 14 July 2023

Irritated!

The weather has been atrocious today with heavy grey skies and rain all day. Where has our summer gone?

I did as much as I could before the phone lines opened at 10am, and I tried to go off and get on with my admin work, but there kept being two or three calls waiting. I could have cheerfully strangled Shirley today as she was particularly irritating. She had asked to go at about 3.45pm as she had a hair appointment! She also took way longer for lunch which annoyed Kathy and me!

I had no chance of putting any crash courses onto the system, as I wanted to get the emails cleared before Sara returns on Monday. I felt drained when I walked out at 4pm and into torrential rain and flooded roads! The storm has begun! Keith tried to get hold of me as I was driving home so I had to pull over and see what he wanted. I'd ordered a new laptop in the Amazon Prime sale and the driver needed a code to deliver it. Keith couldn't open my emails, for some reason, so I dashed home through the soaking-wet roads and managed to access my account. The poor driver returned and was soaked to the skin, poor thing!

Sophie went out in the evening to Yardley Hastings, and Keith and I had a nursery supper of fish fingers and chips. I can hardly bear to admit it, to be honest, but Keith enjoyed the meal! We watched Doc Martin after we'd eaten and the latest episode of Not Going Out with Lee Mack trapped in a coffin after a stag party do... it made me feel panicky!

Sophie rolled home after 11pm and staggered into the house laden with gifts! It can't be bad!

No comments: