Thursday 29 April 2021

Some good news...

I had to remind myself to go to work this morning as I don't usually (this time around anyway) work on a Thursday!

When I arrived at work, Sara told me about some changes that had happened yesterday. She had realised that we were all finding it stressful at the moment, as the calls have been relentless and at times, long and complicated. A couple of my colleagues had found themselves stuck on the phone at well past 4pm dealing with different issues. This makes us very late leaving as we have to cash up at the end of the shift. From now on, we're logging off five minutes before the shift ends to avoid receiving a call seconds before we finish, and which could end up being long and involved. It's a particular bugbear for us all!

We could also have ten minutes' break if we wanted and I was really pleased that we were being supported and listened to! I know that a couple of my colleagues have found it tough lately, and I have felt fed up as well.

Today, after the initial rush again, it was quiet and I was able to do a job for Sheila - putting on the playscheme places for the May half-term holiday. It was great to get back in the swing of things and I'm hoping more jobs like that will come my way!

At 4pm I sped home and caught up with Keith. He had researched a van company that would take one of my Mum's sofas over to the care home next week. I think taking it over for her will cheer her up so we sorted that out, which was a relief. I didn't fancy trying to wedge it into the car like we did last time!

Before dinner this evening Sophie and I played Scrabble and I was beating my daughter when we had to stop to cook. Unfortunately, while we were eating the delicious Jerk Chicken, Monty decided to walk all over the board, dislodging all the tiles! Oh well!

No comments: