Friday 30 April 2021

A busy end to the week.

In the past, Fridays have been pretty quiet, but that was not the case today, I'm afraid! We were hectically busy, right from the word go, and at one point there were 15 calls in the queue! Not really what we were expecting, or wanting on the last day of our working week!

It remained busy throughout my shift, and I had some frustrating calls. One woman phoned three times and asked me the same question as if trying to catch me out. When I asked if I'd spoken to her before, she denied it, even though I knew she was lying. I think some people believe there's many more of us answering calls and phone again hoping they'll get a different person!

It was great to escape at 4pm and head home knowing I had three days off. It's a Bank Holiday weekend (but I am down to work on the 31st!). Sophie arrived home and after she changed out of her work clothes we started our evening with a mini bottle of rose Cava, before finishing up the wine we'd used for the Jerk Chicken yesterday. We also watched a good film - All Roads Lead to Rome, which was light-hearted escapism. If we can't travel at the moment, we can at least travel via films!


No comments: