Tuesday 6 April 2021

Back to work...

I have to confess I'd been dreading going back to work, as last time we were inundated with problems. I was working 10am until 4pm with Jo and Denise, but at least we weren't answering calls, and we could wear whatever we wanted as there were no customers in the building!

It took all three of us a while to get going on the computers again, as our passwords had expired, and there were some changes to our email system which took some getting used to! It was very strange seeing invoices I'd processed back in December - the last time I worked had been the 29th!

Once we had explored the changes, Sara gave us a list of people to call, all of whom had been old members. We had some offers on memberships, but none of us managed to sign anyone up today. I think people are still a bit cautious about joining a gym, even though we were offering memberships with a short commitment.

It certainly wasn't as bad as I'd feared it would be and it was lovely to be back with my work colleagues and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

During the day we had seen some more light snow flurries, but driving home it started to come down quite hard. At one point on the journey, I saw what looked like a blizzard in the distance, and as I neared home it was quite bad!

At home, Keith had checked my emails and had seen one from the kitchen designer, with a quote for all the building work attached. It came in at a shade under £30,000 which was a bit more than we wanted to pay. The appliances were over £3,000 so we will have to look elsewhere for them! As I subscribe to Which? I can look on their website for reviews, and appliances that are good value for money.

Sophie arrived home from work and I was glad that she was not still travelling, as the snow started to come down pretty heavily!






No comments: