Wednesday 14 April 2021

Getting things sorted!

This morning we had a meeting at home with Anthony at Highfields. We were all ready for him, but then I decided to prepare a marinade for our evening meal, and before I knew it it was almost 10am and we hadn't had any breakfast! Consequently, when he arrived I was still munching on toast, and Keith nearly set light to the kitchen by attempting to stick two currant buns into the toaster! It was mayhem!

Anthony was joined by a man who was responsible for the new door and window, and he was kept busy taking measurements and discussing with us what we wanted. I have won with the stable door, as I think it'll be lovely in the warmer weather, and we'll be able to let so much more light in.

While we were chatting to the two men, Monty was peering out at them from under the table in the living room, as if they were two monsters we'd invited into our home! He then ran off in fright so I really think we're going to have to come up with a plan for when they start work in August!

After the two men had gone, Keith and I popped to Tesco where I bought a bottle of whisky for my Dad. We then dropped off two bagfuls of shopping for them and waved to my Mum who appeared at her window. It's been another gorgeous day today so when we returned home we carried on with the shredding in the conservatory, and finally managed to get it all done. At last! I also sorted out the drawers in our cabinet because I'm going to have to find room for everything that currently resides in there! It was useful having Mum and Dad's filing cabinet as a lot of the stuff went in there, including lots of old birthday and anniversary cards.

While we were sorting things out, I found our European health cards that had expired in September 2020. We are still eligible for healthcare in the EU so we applied for new ones! All in all, I felt like we'd achieved quite a bit today, and at least all the paperwork has now been shredded and is awaiting collection on Friday!

Tonight for dinner we were trying a recipe from the BBC Good Food guide - it was turmeric and coconut baked chicken. I had marinated the chicken with turmeric, ginger, cumin, garlic and coconut milk this morning and it was going to cook on a bed of wilted Spring greens. I had also added an onion and a leek as well, and it smelt delicious.

It took quite a bit longer to cook than I'd thought so it was almost 8pm by the time we sat down to eat. I loved the marinade on the chicken - it would be yummy cooked on the barbecue!








No comments: