Wednesday 7 April 2021

Good news at last!

We woke up to a very light covering of snow this morning, but it soon disappeared. It remained cold all day, though, with a freezing wind. How unbelievable that we were sweating last week, and sitting in the warm sunshine on Sunday!

I have today and tomorrow off work, and first thing this morning, Keith and I contacted Anthony from Highfields about the quotes he'd sent through. Keith was confused as to why he'd quoted for the kitchen twice, and said it looked like we'd be paying VAT twice. Once is bad enough!

Anthony explained the quotes, and the total price the building firm quoted is for everything and includes all the appliances, the new external kitchen door, the new window... all of it! I said to Keith that I would love a stable door as then we can have the top half open in the summer and it would bring more light and fresh air into the kitchen. It's slightly more expensive than the door they have quoted, but I think it will be worth it. Anthony is coming over to us next Wednesday to discuss further and we have said we'd be delighted to go ahead with the work. We are so pleased! We now just need to choose the tiles and a new fridge freezer. Before the work starts we're going to have a ruthless cull of the stuff on the shelves and in the cabinet!






After speaking to Anthony, I busied myself by doing the shopping list, cleaning the kitchen window and the windowsill, and pottering about. Once we'd picked up Mike from work, I went out into the garden and planted the violas that I'd bought on Monday. It was still very cold outside, but I soon warmed up by shovelling compost into pots, and carrying them around the garden!



No comments: