Tuesday 27 April 2021

Back to work...

After waving Sophie off to the gym this morning, I went back to bed as I felt shattered. I'd woken at 5am when the alarm went off and facing a day at work, I needed an extra hour! 

Work was not too bad, thank goodness, and after an early rush, it did quieten down a bit so at least we were able to catch up with some other work. Jo had had a bad day yesterday, with a series of grumpy customers so she was hoping for a better day today!

I sped home at 4pm and managed to do some chores before Sophie arrived home. Today, the weather has been dull and grey and during the evening it started raining, something we haven't seen for a long time! The gardens really need it at the moment, so at least it saves me doing the watering! Apparently, this April has been the frostiest for 60 years! It certainly has been colder, especially at night!

Sophie and I just had ginger ale with ice this evening and I do think that abstaining from alcohol stops me from waking up at about 3am in the morning!

No comments: