Thursday 22 April 2021

Keith is jabbed again!

Keith had an appointment for his second jab today, so I had to go shopping with him later in the morning! I drove him to the vaccination centre at 9.30am and within ten minutes he was all done. We headed home for breakfast, wrote a hasty list, and then went shopping.

We went to Aldi first and I spotted an old man in there, a bit dishevelled and on his own, which made me feel very sad. He reminded me of my Dad, not because he looked uncared for, but because his hair was similar, as was the way he was shuffling along. It really upset me, to be honest, but at least he was out shopping and when we emerged from the store there was a badly parked car in the disabled bay that we think was his, so he's obviously independent, and probably fiercely so!

After shopping in Tesco we thankfully headed home, and after putting everything away I made a beeline for the garden and managed to cut the grass before we went to collect Mike. It has been a gorgeous day today with plenty of sunshine, blue skies and a gentle breeze. I've left part of the lawn in the garden to grow long as there are daisies and dandelions mixed in with the grass, and I'm also going to try and put some wildflower seeds down to attract bees and butterflies. 

I pottered about in the garden some more after we returned from getting Mike and it was lovely to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. When Sophie came home from work we enjoyed a game of Scrabble and a drink in the conservatory, which was bliss! It's been a much better day today!

No comments: