Saturday 21 November 2020

Under the weather...

Day 17

Today has been very quiet and uneventful. I woke up with a bit of a tummy ache and felt slightly fragile - I have no idea why, unless it was the sandwich I bought yesterday to eat while I waited for Mike to finish work. It was chicken and stuffing, so that could have disagreed with me!

Therefore, it's been a lazy day with not much going on and I do feel a bit guilty that I didn't do a lot! At lunchtime, Sophie and I went over to Boots at Riverside as she needed some bits in there, and I bought a pot of pungent Tiger Balm for my arm, which still hurts. I'm falling apart! Can I go back to work? Being off obviously doesn't suit me!

I treated Sophie to a Flat White at Costa and we sat in the car to enjoy our drinks. I indulged in a small slice of chocolate torte which was delicious.

Back home I sat in the conservatory (where it was too cold, to be honest) and watched a couple of episodes of The Crown. I am new to this series but I've enjoyed it so far, even though the latest episodes have come under fire a bit for their portrayal of Diana.

The previously beautiful day turned a bit cloudy and I bundled up with a cardigan. We really need to get some extra heating for the conservatory, especially as Sophie will be working here for the foreseeable future.

Keith cooked coq au vin this evening but I really didn't do justice to it at all. I couldn't even drink much wine so something must have been up! We sat and watched Strictly after dinner and then I'm A Celebrity, but it was a recap of the past week, so I went to bed. At 9pm, on a Saturday night!

Sophie was a bit worried about me as she said I felt really hot, but I just wanted to go to sleep. Although I worried slightly about having Covid, I could still smell and taste and didn't have a cough, so that was a relief. Let's hope I feel better tomorrow!


No comments: