Sunday 15 November 2020

Christmas beckons!

Day 11

I was up a bit earlier this morning, thank goodness, and sat drinking coffee with Monty while it carried on raining outside. At one point it became really bad, and I realised I'd left our bedroom windows open, so I ran up to close them! It was like a mini hurricane going on!

However, by lunchtime, it had calmed down and we saw sunshine and blue skies for the rest of the afternoon. As a treat, I took Sophie and Mike to McDonald's for lunch, and we sat and enjoyed our food in the car park along with lots of other people who all had the same idea! Sophie and I just shared a carton of French fries as there were white chocolate and raspberry muffins waiting for us at home, which I'd made earlier in the morning.

Back home Sophie and I applied face masks (the cosmetic kind), and we sat and watched A Place in the Sun. How I would love to be abroad at the moment! It was filmed in Gran Canaria, which looked lovely, and I didn't realise it was so mountainous!

At 4pm Sophie settled down to video chat with her friends, Laura and Daisy, and I had a soak in the bath. This weekend has flown by again and it feels strange to think that I am not at work tomorrow. We haven't really been watching the news lately, but we found out today that Boris Johnson is self-isolating again because he was in close contact with someone who tested positive. It feels like it's March/April all over again!

Dinner this evening was a delicious beef casserole topped with cheesy potatoes. Afterwards, we watched the Strictly results and then settled down to see I'm A Celebrity. The first episode heralds the start of the Christmas advert campaigns, and I can hardly believe that it's so close! We like the Tesco advert, which is funny but I found the John Lewis effort sickeningly sweet, as it always is every year. One thing we did notice was that a lot of the adverts were animated, and it's no surprise why!

Keith and I enjoyed I'm A Celebrity - I liked the castle setting much more than the jungle for some reason, and it was lovely to think it was being filmed in Wales, rather than a very sunny and warm Australia! I'm not sure the participants would agree with me!

No comments: