Friday 27 November 2020

Horse whispering

Day 23

Keith and I decided to pop to Jones's today to get a heater for the conservatory as it's been so cold in there. We do have another wall-mounted radiator. but it's very ugly, so we thought a portable heater would be a better choice. It can then be used anywhere we need extra heat.

It was another gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine. Jones's was as busy as I had imagined it would be, and we had to park in the overflow area. I bought some more bird food, and we chose a heater from the limited stock available. I was going to get some cards for my Mum, but the Christmas area was really busy, so I decided to look for some in Tesco. I did buy some outdoor lights, though, to replace the ones we cut through earlier in the year!

Along with some other bits and bobs we needed, we made our way through the busy checkouts and headed home. Sophie was just about to break for lunch so the three of us set off down to Walgrave this time, as a change from our usual route.

We walked just past the bridge and up the slight incline to give us some harder exercise! Although it was a chilly day, I was soon feeling warm! On the way back we stopped to say hello to the horses who came over to see us.



We didn't have any food with us, but they didn't seem to mind and were content to be patted and stroked. 

After lunch, I sat on the sofa in the beautifully warm and cosy conservatory and fell asleep for half an hour. Mike worked an extra hour today so we picked him up at 3.30pm. He'd been walking the entire golf course, and had completed over 20,000 steps!

I still can't get used to Keith not going out on Friday night, and he won't be able to go out next week either, as you have to have a "substantial" meal in a pub to be served alcohol. He and Dave just normally go and have a few pints so that won't be allowed. Crazy!



No comments: