Monday 16 November 2020

Another soup...

Day 12

I decided to make curried parsnip soup today, a recipe taken from one of Mary Berry's books. We had four parsnips hanging about in the fridge and I thought they would be sufficient, but I had to add a couple of carrots to make up the required weight!

It was a simple soup to make - I peeled and chopped the parsnips (and carrots), fried an onion in some butter with flour and curry powder, then added the vegetables, and a pint and a half of stock and let it simmer for about twenty minutes.

While it was cooling, Keith, Sophie and I went for a half hour's walk to the village to get some fresh air and a little exercise. It was a grey, breezy day but it was lovely to get out for a little while. When we returned, I blitzed the soup with the blender and then reheated it for a couple of minutes. I then sat down with Sophie to enjoy our lunch and served the soup with some croutons sprinkled on top. Delicious!

The rest of the day was quiet, and we didn't even have to do much for dinner this evening as we bought a steak pie from Aldi. Sophie and I caught up with the latest episode of The Undoing while dinner was cooking, and just wished all the episodes were available so we could binge-watch it! 


No comments: