Tuesday 3 November 2020

Small disappointments...

We were expecting to be very busy at work today, but after the first initial flurry, it went quiet again. I helped Sara create a spreadsheet with a list of people who wanted to freeze their November membership payments, which took me most of my shift to do. We still haven't had an announcement from our management team but it looks like even they will be furloughed during lockdown.

Before leaving at 4pm I managed to put a few more classes onto the booking system, but who knows whether they will go ahead, especially in December?

At home, Keith reminded me that it was our episode of Pointless this evening so at 5.15pm we settled down to watch... only it wasn't our episode, and Richard Osman, previously bearded, was clean-shaven again! We were so disappointed! Our episodes were the first of Series 24 and mysteriously, the BBC are now showing Series 22! Why?

This was just another disappointment to add to the list at the moment - we won't now be able to go and see On The Rocks at the Northampton Filmhouse as it will not re-open as planned. We had a ticket for the drive-in fireworks at Franklin's Gardens on Saturday - now cancelled. Everything enjoyable has been stopped - eating out, going to the theatre or cinema, live music, meeting up with friends and family, travel... the list goes on. I felt very grumpy! And yes, I realise there are far worse things going on, but we were looking forward to these events, as I'm sure a lot of other people were. The fireworks event was sold out.

Sophie had an appointment at the beauty salon for a treatment, so I said I would take her, and I'm glad I did as the car park was rammed. Obviously, everyone else had rushed to have last-minute treatments before the salon closes on Thursday! I finally managed to park in the street outside, and waited in the car for her. Luckily, she wasn't long and we were soon heading home through heavy traffic. Back at home, I had a drink, and we relaxed while Keith cooked dinner.

After we'd eaten we watched another episode of The Fall, which was very nasty indeed!

No comments: