Monday 30 November 2020

New hours

Day 26

The fog had disappeared this morning, to be replaced with grey cloud, so not a lot better! Keith and I went to Tesco this morning and did the shopping for the next three nights. It was busy in the store, which surprised me for a Monday morning!

When we came to the checkout, our bill went from about £50 down to about £35 - because of the savings made on our Clubcard. I was amazed, to be honest, so it might be worth us doing more of our shopping in Tesco rather than Aldi, although I do wonder if the company artificially inflated the prices, so it looks like we're getting a good bargain!

Keith had an appointment at the hospital in the afternoon, to have a blood test, so he went by himself as I had to pick up Mike from work. His hours have now changed but not much to our advantage - we did think he would be working 8am until 3pm, but he's now doing 6.30am until 1.30pm, which interferes with Sophie's lunch hour and a walk if we manage to get out. Earlier in the year, we had worried about the 8am start as it clashed with my hours, but that's no longer a concern!

Keith came back from the hospital to say he was able to park easily, so that was a relief! The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and dinner this evening was minced beef crumble. Before we did the final touches to the meal, Sophie and I watched the last episode of The Undoing which we had been looking forward to all week! We were both a bit surprised by the outcome and I thought the ending was great, although Sophie was not so sure!



No comments: