Wednesday 11 November 2020

A little research

Day 7

Today has been another quiet day with not a great deal going on! I pottered about in the morning and managed to listen to Pop Master with Ken Bruce at 10.30am. I love his radio show and normally don't do well on the quiz, but today I scored 9 for the first one and 15 for the second! I was amazed!

Sophie and I had another bowl of Mulligatawny soup for lunch along with some spicy naan bread I'd bought yesterday. The soup had thickened overnight and was very filling!

After lunch, I decided to resume my research into my family tree. When we cleared everything out of my Mum and Dad's house I took home all their important documents, such as family birth, marriage and death certificates, and a lot of paperwork including my Dad's old school reports, which make for hilarious reading!

It was lovely to upload them to the Ancestry site so I have documented proof of births, etc. I have lots of gaps to fill, and then there is Keith's side of the family to look into as well, so that should keep me busy! 

Keith and I went to get Mike from the golf club and he'd had a busy day maintaining the greens. He is still starting at 6am for some unknown reason, and it's a source of irritation to us all. There are no golfers going out early so why he has to start at that ungodly hour is beyond me!

Keith and I indulged in a couple of episodes of The Fall in the late afternoon. I normally don't watch television during the day, but as there wasn't much going on, we sat and enjoyed the drama. It's getting very interesting indeed!

Dinner this evening was a delicious beef casserole and afterwards, Keith and I watched an episode of Berlin 1945. It made for harrowing viewing, and the film footage of our favourite city in ruins was terrible to see. We all think we've had it bad this year with coronavirus, but seeing people lying dead in the streets, the devastated buildings and scenes of war, it made me realise that although this year hasn't been the best, it doesn't come anywhere close to what our grandparents and great-grandparents endured during the two world wars.

It was an early night tonight as Sophie and I are going shopping tomorrow morning at 7am!

No comments: