Sunday 22 November 2020

Feeling better!

Day 18

I managed to sleep for almost 10 hours last night and woke up this morning feeling a lot better, thank goodness. We still had a lazy start to the day, though, and watched Saturday Morning Kitchen Best Bits while enjoying coffee and pastries.

It was a shame I still felt a bit fragile as it was gorgeous outside - a really beautiful late Autumn day with sunshine and blue skies. I would have loved to have done some work in the garden but it will have to wait until the next dry and sunny day!

I had some things to drop off at the care home so Sophie and I went over, and I made an appointment for next Saturday to see my parents. I then suggested to Sophie we get my car washed, and as I also needed to fill up with diesel, we popped back home, I picked up my purse, and we set off for the garage at Moulton.

Unfortunately, the carwash wasn't working for some reason so we headed for the garage near Kingsthorpe. That was also extremely busy so we abandoned that idea and went to another nearby, which didn't have a carwash. Oh well, I'll have to do it myself one day next week! I have enough time!

We drove home via Harlestone Firs and I was amazed at how many people were out and about! There was a long line of cars parked all along the road and the woods were busy with people out walking and enjoying the weather. Although we're all supposed to be in lockdown at the moment, the roads were full of cars - it's so different to how it was earlier in the year!

Back home Sophie and I applied face masks (bright blue ones), and watched an episode of A Place in the Sun again. It's becoming a bit of a Sunday tradition! This programme featured Mallorca and a house on the Pine Walk in Puerto Pollensa was up for sale for £2.7 million!

I had a lovely bath later in the afternoon, and Keith cooked roast lamb for dinner. It was delicious but he does get very stressed about cooking it! My pleas to go out once a month for a roast at a good pub has fallen on deaf ears!

No comments: