Tuesday 24 November 2020

News of Christmas

Day 20

It looks definite now that I will be back at work next Wednesday but this time I am a bit reluctant to go in. We had so much stress the last time we returned, and I think we're all hoping that it won't be the case this time. 

It was in the news this week that Christmas will be allowed to be "almost normal", and that up to three households can get together for five days over the festive period, but I personally think it's a recipe for disaster. It could even mean we all go back into lockdown in January, one of the most dismal, miserable months of the year with very little to look forward to (except my birthday, of course!). I don't expect I will be celebrating that with a trip to Berlin or a meal out!

As has been pointed out, other religions have had to forfeit their celebrations this year, and even though we are a largely Christian country, surely one year of subdued celebrations won't kill us...or maybe it will. It seems madness with three vaccines on the horizon - surely we could all wait a few more months and have a fantastic Easter instead?

We managed to get out for a walk at lunchtime today and it was very enjoyable. The weather has been dry with sunny spells but there was a cold wind which reminded us that we are almost into December. Incredible!

Keith and I caught up with The Fall in the afternoon, and we are both loving the series. We think the acting is brilliant, and we'll be sad when we reach the end!


No comments: