Monday 23 November 2020

Bank wrangles!

Day 19

Keith and I had no choice but to go to the Weston Favell centre this morning because I had a cheque to pay in for my parents, and I wanted to take in a mandate form giving me third party access to their bank accounts.

I honestly couldn't remember the last time I'd been to the shopping mall, but it must have been months. I was expecting a queue at the bank, and I got one! A long one! Keith stayed in the car while I joined the queue, but luckily I have my Kindle on my phone so I could at least read a bit whilst waiting!

I estimate I queued for about 20 minutes, and when it was my turn I explained to the teller that I had a form I wanted to give in and what it was for. The first thing she said was, "They need to come into the bank in person." I explained that at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, that was impossible and that as a family, we'd banked with them for decades. I recognised the teller from when we had the business, and I regularly came in with my parents!

Thankfully, she led me over to the information desk where another woman we used to deal with was waiting to help me out. It was a good job she did otherwise I would have been tempted to empty the bank account, and put the money into my parents' building society account!

After a slight problem when she thought I needed yet another form (but luckily I didn't), the deed was done, and I could re-join Keith in the car. We drove over to Aldi and Tesco in Kettering where we did some shopping for the next three nights, and I treated myself to a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin as it was reduced by quite a bit!

Back home it was time for lunch, and I marvelled at how quickly the time had gone by this morning! The weather has been beautiful all day, and I decided to wash my car in the afternoon. It was covered in a layer of mud, and it was hard work if I'm honest! The wheels were the worst as they were covered in a black sooty substance and mud, and I used about four buckets of water to get all the dirt off the car and it did look a lot better when I finished. I made a mental note to myself not to let it get so bad in the future, and take it through the carwash! The chore in the summer isn't bad, but in the winter, it's not fun! At least I had a chat with neighbours passing by, though, so that was a bonus!

Dinner tonight was a Rick Stein recipe for Macaroni Cheese, and there was loads of it! It was a monster dish! Unfortunately, it didn't have as much taste as I was hoping for, and next time I'll stick to the recipe that we always use!


No comments: