Tuesday 10 November 2020

A souper lunch!

 Day 6

Today has been less busy than the previous few days, thank goodness! I had a slow start to Tuesday and sat with Sophie in the conservatory, reading the paper and having breakfast. Outside, we had flocks of sparrows feeding, and a magpie came down to snatch at some old bacon I'd put down. 

Throughout the morning I did various little jobs and also cleaned the house, including the bathroom, which was in dire need of a good scrub! I love it when the house is tidy and clean, but alas, it doesn't last long, I'm afraid!

For lunch, I re-heated the Mulligatawny soup I'd made yesterday, added some rice, and served it with naan bread. Sophie and Keith said it was delicious, and I have to admit I was very pleased with how it turned out. It was sweet but spicy, and very warming. I'll definitely be making it again!

After collecting Mike from work (the only time I went out today) I settled down in the conservatory with my Kindle Fire and started watching a film called The Man in the Hat. It was set in France but was a bit strange, with hardly any dialogue! I tried to get Monty to curl up with me on the sofa but he has been very restless today, wandering about (we now call him Wandering Willie), and he kept wanting to go in and out of the conservatory all the time, for no real reason. I do wonder if he has been unsettled by the change in our routine? Normally I am out until the late afternoon, and Sophie used to spend at least two days in the office so he might just be reacting to that.

The weather today has been disappointing, with mainly grey skies and little sunshine. While I sat in the conservatory I looked up and noticed that there were leaves covering the roof. We really must try and get out into the garden at some point and clear them all away as I am sure they are blocking the guttering. That will be a lovely job!

In the evening Sophie made spaghetti bolognese from scratch and spent over an hour on the preparation, bless her. She said it didn't have a lot of taste, but I thought it was lovely and will be great for lunch as well!


No comments: