Friday 20 November 2020

It's Friday again!

Day 16

I had real difficulty believing it was Friday today! Where has this week gone? I have another full week and two days before I go back to work, but things haven't been confirmed yet. I have to say that this time I'm enjoying the break, and two weeks of this lockdown are classed as annual leave anyway.

After a quiet morning, I went to see my parents at 1pm. There had been a bit of confusion earlier as Mum had been told by one of the carers that she was still self-isolating until Sunday! I called again to confirm, and was told that she was out today, thank goodness!

I braved the muddy roads again and was held up on the way in by building works. I will be mightily glad when they have finished the estate! My Mum and Dad were fine, and we chatted for an hour, which was great. After this week, the visits have been reduced to just 30 minutes as more residents have moved into the care home. I just don't know what will happen at Christmas...

After seeing my parents I went to collect Mike, and then it was home to relax. The weather today has been grey and horrible and this afternoon it started to rain heavily. It's also colder than of late! Winter is well on its way!

I still can't get used to Keith not going to the pub on Friday evening, so he very kindly prepared dinner, which was simple this evening - just chicken escalopes or fish cakes! It was a relief to not have prepare a complicated dish!

In a vain attempt to find a film or drama for Sophie and me to watch, I trawled through the Sky channels and discovered that there were some great documentaries on Sky Arts of our favourite bands. I downloaded a Dire Straits concert and a documentary on The Cure music videos! We also found the second part of a Belgian drama we'd watched a few years back, called Public Enemy!

After I'm A Celebrity this evening, Sophie and I stayed up late and watched Graham Norton. Obviously, there was no studio audience but it was great to watch nevertheless, and I think the applause and laughter were added for effect!


 

No comments: