Wednesday 29 November 2017

A bit of training.

We had a lazy start to the day and Keith tackled the grouting in the en-suite while I mooched about in a bad mood. I'd called ACAS about the jury service form and they had advised me to see my supervisor. As she's back at work tomorrow I might do that. I also messaged Gill to see if she was at CAB today as I was going to go in and see her, but she wasn't in so I left it, feeling even more annoyed as the day wore on.

At 12.30pm I went to school as a group of us were doing training on Safeguarding Children. The session was at our school's twin in another village so I followed Lisa in her car as I wasn't really sure of where it was. The other school is tiny but very sweet and cosy and after having a cup of tea in the minute staff room we started the session.

A lot of it was common sense and I can say with 100% certainty that all of us were committed to keeping the children in our care safe. As I used to run a Day Nursery I had already undergone some training but it was good to have a refresher. We had to dash off at 2.45pm to get back to open the After School Club and I gave a lift to one of the other staff.

We had 17 children this afternoon so we were very busy and it was quite chaotic. However, when there's that many they tend to entertain themselves so the time went by very quickly. I took some of them out to play as although it was cold, it was dry. I was amazed at how dark it became and how quickly!

When I got home Keith said Mike was in Brixworth, so we went to get him and I bought some nibbles and wine in the Co-op as Sue is coming over tomorrow. I managed to spend nearly £20 but there were some bottles of beer in the basket for Keith as well!

After dinner, Sophie and I did the shopping list for Keith for tomorrow (always a fun job) and then it was a double bill of 90 Day Fiance!

No comments: