Wednesday 1 November 2017

Halloween excitement!

I didn't sleep very well last night, mainly due to the fact that I kept waking up and wondering what Sophie was doing out on the town! I can't remember the last time both my children were out all night! Sophie was staying over at her friend's house and did text me at 3am to say she was back from her evening out and was going to sleep, so when I saw that at about 4am I was very reassured!

To make things worse I was at work so my alarm went off at 6.30am...groan! However, it was a beautiful morning and since the clocks went back it has been a little lighter first thing. At work I sorted out the days I'm going to be working up until Christmas but I was a little annoyed to be asked if I could work until 4pm on a Thursday as they knew when I started that I had my after-school job which I really enjoy doing.

Talking of which, we were very quiet as the school Halloween disco was on this evening and so we only had eight children attend. Excitement was running very high so we took them outside for a lot of the session so they could run off some steam. It was a beautiful afternoon so it was a real bonus to be able to get out and have some fresh air, especially for me as I'd been cooped up in an office all morning.

Towards the end of the session, the children we had left started to get ready and then they went running around the school in the dark trying to scare the few teachers who were still in the building! The last mum arrived at about 5.30pm and had brought with her some facepaints so she made up her own children, and Lisa's as well, and they set off to have some fun!

I went off home to sit in the conservatory with a glass of wine, and played cards with my family! Bliss!

No comments: