Friday 17 November 2017

Bunking off!

I was back at court again at 10am but today we had to drop Mike off at college. I had given him dire warnings not to be late as I had a horror of not being at court at the appointed time! He was very good, though, and we had a great journey in which meant I was early.

We were taken up to the courtroom at 10am only to be told the judge wasn't ready, so we all trooped back downstairs again and waited another hour to be called. We all sat together and it was very social! There's no guarantee I'll be with the same people next week (if I'm even needed) so it was great to have a laugh and a chat.

Our case finished this morning and we were able to go home after lunch. I called Keith and he and Sophie came to meet me. I suppose I could have gone to the after-school club at 3pm but Lisa had already arranged cover so I used the time to do some housework!

Sophie and I went to get Mike in the afternoon and the sunset was beautiful - it looked as if someone had washed the sky with pink and peach paint! We returned home and I called the court answering machine to discover I wasn't needed on Monday. Drat! It's back to work for me then, but I will need to call again on Monday night to see if I'm needed on Tuesday.

Keith walked down to the pub even though I offered him a lift! Perhaps the cold air will do him good!

No comments: