Wednesday 15 November 2017

Playing the waiting game!

Today I didn't have to be in court until 10am so we had a slightly more relaxing journey in. I arrived and ordered my lunch and sat with a couple of the jurors who had been on the case with me yesterday.

We were in court until about 11am and then we were sent down to a room for deliberation. This is all very strictly controlled and if you are still deliberating over lunch, your meals are sent to the room. We weren't allowed any contact with the outside world and our phones were taken and locked away.

We returned our verdict before lunch and were told that we had to return at 2pm to see if we were needed on another case. I ate lunch with some of the jurors and then we had a four hour wait to see if we were called again. This was the boring bit and although I had downloaded a book sample on my Kindle I had finished it after ten minutes! There's no wifi in the waiting room so we all chatted and went to look at some board games that had been provided. We also helped a woman complete a crossword! I had never sat down for such a long period!

Amazingly, at about 4pm I was picked to be on another case, one that would last for about three days. We finished at almost 5pm and Keith was waiting for me again in the car park. We sped off to Brixworth to pick up Mike and then it was home to Sophie who had waited in for my new phone to be delivered.

I sent texts to both Lisa and Sara to say I wouldn't be at work for the rest of the week and was really rather pleased I'd been picked again! I do find it very interesting!

We had a lovely relaxing evening dining on a delicious curry that Keith had made and watching 90 Day Fiance. I was pleased with my new phone but decided to look at it properly when I have more time!

No comments: