Tuesday 28 November 2017

A night out!

We had a busy day today as I wanted to go and get some more Christmas cards and pop into Wilco's to get some bird food for my hungry feathered friends. The winter is set to bite this week with snow forecast for some parts of the country on Thursday.

We shopped in Tesco for Tuesday and Wednesday and when Keith went to return the bags to the car, Sophie and I went into Wilco's and I treated us all to Advent calendars. I also bought some fat snax, mealworms and other foodie treats. That should keep them going for a few weeks!

We had a coffee in Costa and then drove to Screwfix where Keith bought some sealant for our shower. These products are billed as mould-resistant but it's a big fat lie! Our shower unit needs new sealant urgently and Keith hates doing it but it looks horrible!

While we were in the area we also called into Chips Away to see if they could give me a quote for repairing the scratches on my front bumper and the small one on the back of the car. I thought it would come to about £350 but I was monumentally shocked when he quoted me just over £1000! I thought that's what a re-spray would come to!

We beat a hasty retreat home and had lunch before I left to go to school. As it was such a nice afternoon (but cold) we went outside for a while and I played a game of football with one of the girls! We were finished at 6pm and I dashed home to change as Keith and I were going out...on our own! We drove to the King's Head at Wadenhoe and even  though I'd said to Keith to ring up and book, he refused. When we arrived two women were getting out of a taxi which looked bad news... as predicted there was a table set for ten and another one for four, for an 18th Birthday.

The woman behind the bar said she could fit us in if we ordered straight away, so we did even though this is something Keith hates doing. However, he was able to sink two pints before we ate! I chose chicken liver pate to start while Keith went for whitebait. I tried some - they were lovely and crunchy!

We both chose fish and chips for our main course and the cod resembled a whale! The portion was huge but we gamely pushed on, regretting our starters a bit! The fish was very good and it was a lovely meal, if a little rushed.

We decided to head nearer home to finish the evening and we went to our local, The White Horse. Amazingly, standing at the bar, were our neighbours from about 25 years ago, so we had a lovely chat and caught up with what we were all doing. They're still fairly local and pop into the pub once a week so that was great.

We didn't get home until about 10pm so we more than enjoyed our night out!

No comments: