Thursday 9 November 2017

Birthday celebrations!

I was at work at 8am today and unfortunately the office was a lot noisier than last week! In between phone calls I wrote some of my novel as I had used up all the data on my phone which was very annoying! I need to get a new one, with some urgency, soon!

At 2pm I rushed off like a mad thing and collected Sophie from uni. We then sped home where I hastily gobbled a sandwich and went to my second job. On days like this I do wonder if it's a good idea to have two jobs with so little time between them. I always feel very stressed as it approaches 2pm and dread getting a long and complicated call about two minutes before my session ends as it could really delay me getting home.

As the weather was dry today we took the children out for almost an hour and watched some of the Year 6 pupils practising for a Strictly Come Dancing evening at the Derngate in Northampton. I admired their teacher who showed great patience with them all!

At 6pm I rushed off home again and picked up my family as we were all off to see my Mum and have a quick birthday drink with her. Their friends, Garry and Gloria, were still there and had been enjoying a small buffet with Prosecco. My Mum was thrilled with her presents and cards and we toasted her birthday with a glass of fizz.

We left at about 7.30pm and called into the chippy in Broughton for dinner. It was bliss to finally get home, enjoy our meal and then catch up with Modern Family. Keith, much to my surprise, had bought me a bottle of whisky in the shopping and made me a drink as I relaxed. He's a hero!

No comments: